dimanche 29 novembre 2015

Desmond Nji Atanga, Women Deliver Young Leader

My Selection as a ‘Women Deliver Young Leader,’ April 2015 Experiences and Benefits The Women Deliver Programme is a three-year f... thumbnail 1 summary




My Selection as a ‘Women Deliver Young Leader,’ April 2015
Experiences and Benefits
The Women Deliver Programme is a three-year fellowship programme made up of a cohort of youth under the age of thirty across the world who prioritize the health and wellbeing of girls and women in their civic leadership engagements. Under the auspices of Women Deliver, the programme works to reinforce the capacity of its young subscribers to become more powerful forces to reckon with in the promotion of the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of women, girls and youth. Women Deliver believes that, ‘When the world invests in girls and women, everybody wins.’
The benefits of a Young Leader consist of but are not limited to the following:
-          Visibility as a Young Leader and champion for sexual and reproductive health and rights of girls and women;
-          Full scholarship to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference in Copenhagen;
-          Opportunities to engage in storytelling activities, producing photos, videos, and other media content that highlights the work that Young Leaders are engaged in at the community level;
-          Opportunities to share work, projects and ideas with experts and other young people in the field through blogs, media interviews, etc.;
-          Networking opportunities with high-level decision-makers, stakeholders, media, private sector representatives, and others;
-          Several information-sharing and capacity-building opportunities on-site at and in the lead-up tothe Women Deliver Conference in Copenhagen;
-          Engagement with a robust network of other youth advocates and activists working for SRHRaround the world. 
In March 2015, I applied to be a fellow of the Women Deliver Young Leaders Programme. I was motivated by my longstanding track record as a young activist in the promotion of the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of youth and girls. It was my fervent prayer to find an international platform where I could join my voice to that of others to intensify strategies to make a world a better place for all to live in; especially those whose contributions to societal growth are mostly underrated. Girls, women and youth have profound prowess to make valuable changes in the world’s character if the world invests in them. Their wellbeing largely affects the wellbeing of the entire society. I found out that the Women Deliver Young Leaders Programme was just the right place for me!



Brimming with panache, I applied for the programme. In April 2015, I was selected from a large pool of applications around the globeto be a Young Leader of the Women Deliver Young Leaders Programme. Thanks be to God—He granted my heart’s desire! It was indeed, a great cause for me to be beatific.I became a member of a cohort of 200 world young leaders working across the globe to largely foster the wellbeing of girls, and youth.
As a Women Deliver Young Leader, I have built on my experiences in the programme to strengthen the ‘Help a Girl Save the Society’ project which I initiated in early 2015. It offers comprehensive sexuality education training to thirty in-school and out-of-school youth in Bamenda.
In addition, the Women Deliver Young Leaders Programme added impetus to my initiative to found a charity which propagates the health and welfare of women, girls and youth. This dream finally came true in on 16 August 2015 when Deserve was founded.
Besides, my Women Deliver Profile helped to strengthen my video application to become a youth moderator and speaker in the 2015 International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP 2015) which was to take place in November 2015. I was selected and distinctively given the role of moderator and speaker. ICFP 2015 was postponed to January 2016 and is now known as ICFP 2016.
Follow the Women Deliver Young Leaders Programme:
Follow us on Twitter.
Join us on Facebook.





Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire